Friday 1 August 2008

Katherine Jenkins Open Air Concert, Tetbury




Katherine Jenkins Souvenir Programme










Lines of people waiting for the gates to open for the show area.









On Saturday 19th July we went to Westonbirt, The National Arboretum in Gloucestershire, owned by the Forestry Commission, to see Katherine Jenkins in Concert. The concert was an open air show, held in the Arboretum which houses a valuable collection of trees, some of which are now extinct. One lime tree is 2000 years old!

The Concert was a Christmas present from Heidi for Bob and me.

Heidi packed a picnic basket with yummy food and champagne, we each took a chair and off we went in my little beetle to the Arboretum. I parked my little beetle between two great Range Rovers - not many small cars there! We then had to wait in line to be let into the compound where the concert was being held.

We were forbidden to take photos when Katherine Jenkins was on but believe you me the show was fantastic. She is even better live than on CD.

The show ended with Rule Britannia - (plenty of flag waving and audience participation), Jerusalem and then finally Pomp and Circumstance No.1 also with audience participation, absolutely brilliant and then the most fantastic fireworks I have ever seen at close quarters. I could not capture the display properly, I only wish now that I had filmed it. After that we all went home rather merrily (Champas!) - a brilliant night. I was going to attach a glimpse of the firework display but can not as the pictures are mini films! (don't know how that happened - oh dear, what it is to be aged!!!)

3 comments:

Sigrunn said...

There's an award for you on my blog. I'm off to work now, but I'll read your last post when I get home this afternoon. Have a nice day

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience - what a great x-mas present!

smartmart said...

Not exactly glastonbury eh!!